We deliver Life Changing Business Education for a Million People through a Massive Global Philanthropic Initiative
The Regenesys Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Regenesys Business School. The Regenesys Foundation awakens human potential in individuals and empowers them to make the world a better place. It promotes and provides free global access to business education, supports entrepreneurship and contributes to job creation and economic development.
The Foundation is a registered Non-Profit Company [NPC] in the South African jurisdiction. It is governed by an independent Board of Trustees who have senior roles in leading private and public organisations. The Foundation is supported administratively by the Regenesys Business School.
The Objectives of the Foundation are:
- Provide free online business education across the world
- Develop entrepreneurial skills and culture
- Provide bursaries and study loans to deserving and financially disadvantaged students
- Provide research grants to the Regenesys Business School to undertake strategic research, knowledge development, learning programmes development and innovation within the context of a rapidly changing digital knowledge economy
- Develop strategic and high impact learning programmes in entrepreneurship, leadership and management, focussing on addressing contemporary societal challenges and needs
- Promote the holistic development of individuals through an integration of rational intelligence (IQ), emotional intelligence (EQ) and spiritual intelligence (SQ)
- Contribute dynamically to a more compassionate, equitable, just, environmentally sustainable, and better world
The Benefits of working with the Regenesys Foundation
- Our programme helps to reduce inequities in neglected areas.
- The results and impact are highly measurable.
- The programme can be increased at scale and catalyse beneficial change.
- We are open to collaboration with government, philanthropic, private-sector, and not-for-profit partners.
- We are able to leverage support from other sources.
- Our programme accelerates the educational initiatives of other organisations.
The Mission of the Regenesys Foundation is to:
- Disrupt traditional models of business school education delivery using state of the art unfolding technology.
- Make high quality, recognised business education available online at little or no cost, to students who normally would have no opportunity to receive this sort of education.
- Work with similar-minded partners to
- deliver sophisticated online assessment methods
- create a wider range of educational offerings and programmes
- open up digital access to our free education
- provide devices to our students for use in their studies
- Raise funds funds to award bursaries to qualifying, academically talented students to enable them to commence tertiary studies.
- Create innovative approaches to job creating and entrepreneurship.
The Foundation is committed to the highest ethical and professional standards in monitoring, evaluation and reporting on initiatives to our donors.
If you would like to partner with us in this impactful undertaking, please share your details with
The Regenesys Foundation
The operations of the Foundation are overseen by an independent Board of Trustees who have senior roles in leading private and public organisations. The Foundation is supported administratively by the Regenesys Business School.
- Ensure that the Foundation carries out its work for public benefit.
- Ensure that the Foundation complies with its Deed of Trust and the law
- They act in the best interests of the Foundation
- Ensure that the resources of the Foundation are managed responsibly
- Act in good faith with duty, care and skill
- ensure that the Foundation is accountable to authorities, donors and beneficiaries.
Dr Marko Saravanja
Marko has over 15 years of experience in management and leadership development, education and training. Marko was a monk when he came to South Africa in 1991.
James has 20 years voluntary experience in leading successful non-profit educational institutions.
Dr Penny Law
Dr Penny Law co-founded Regenesys with Dr Marko Saravanja in 1999. Prior to this, Penny worked at the University of Cape Town as the Residence Tutorial Scheme Coordinator and University of Witwatersrand as a programme manager and lecturer.
Mr William Vivian
William Vivian joined Dr Marko Saravanja and Dr Penny Law at Regenesys in 1999 and has been a Director and Shareholder since 2001. In 1996, William worked at Wits University as a researcher and from 1997 – 2000; he worked as a Director in Government.
Mr Martin Sweet
Martin Sweet is Managing Director of Primestars whose core focus is youth development programmes for secondary school learners from historically disadvantaged communities.
Dr Marko Saravanja and Dr Penny Law started Regenesys Business School in 1998. They were joined by William Vivian in 1999. It has become a leading private Business School, based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Today, over 170 000 students have passed through the doors of Regenesys. Students are signed up online from every country in the world.
Business Education is a powerful force for positive change in any society. The Regenesys Foundation was established to drive philanthropic investment in education.
In November 2012 Marko started Regenesys Free Business Education, the free online business education initiative at Regenesys Business School. This Programme of the Foundation provides free online business education to the world. Since its launch, more than 50,000 students from more than 190 countries have benefited from this initiative.
The Regenesys Foundation is a registered Public Benefit Organisation which has been approved for purposes of Section 18A(1)(a) of the South African Income Tax Act No 58 of 1962.
Regenesys Business School is a division of Regenesys Management (Pty) Ltd. (Reg. No. 9709003/07) and is registered with the South African Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institute under the Higher Education Act, 1997.
Registration Certificate No. 2000/HE07/023